From Saturday, July 08, 2017
To Sunday, July 09, 2017
Hits : 318
Contact Steve Lim \ Charlene Lim
Howl at the moon Hungry Ghost festival
Redfish Island Cruise – Itinerary
Boating and anchoring information:
- 1pm-4pm winds come from the SSE and start off at 3.5 knots and build to 8.5 knots by 4pm.
- 5pm-9pm winds switch around to the S and sustain 8.5 knots until 8pm when the winds begin to fall to 5 knots.
- 10pm-11pm winds switch to SSW and drop from 5 knots to 3.5 knots.
- 11pm-9am Sunday the winds range from 3.5 knots to 1.5 knots and will continue to shift to W throughout the night.
- Rain chances are low with the highest chance of rain is between 4am-5am Sunday at 40%.
- Sea Illusion will be at Marker 2 at 3pm- wind will be on the noise so might be motoring.
- Can speed over to Redfish Island in 15 minutes, so leave at your leisure.
Saturday evening Itinerary
- 5pm’ish setup on the Island
- 6:00pm’ish start the fire for the hotdog roasting
- 6:30pm’ish docktails and weenie roasting
- 7pm’ish dinner and marshmallow roasting
- 8:30pm-9pm pay homage to the hungry ghosts with a lantern release, & Koozy burning (if the fire is still going).
What to bring
- A dingy if you have one, if not you can take a ferry ride on one of the others to and from the island
- A small fold out table to bring to the island (if you have one, card table would be great)
- A couple of fold out chairs if you want to sit while on the island
- An easy to carry to the island side dish, drinks for yourself while on the island
- A skewer for a hotdog and marshmallows
- A small bundle of firewood (optional)
- Long lighter
- Old Koozy’s for burning
What will be provided
- Paper plates, forks, napkins, etc…
- Hotdogs, Buns, Ketchup, Mustard
- Paper lanterns
Contact information for questions:
Cruise information: Steve Lim email@example.com 713-825-6966
Event information: Charlene Lim firstname.lastname@example.org 832-483-8086
Location Redfish Island Anchor overnight